Mission Statement and Purpose of the PTA
“The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families by representing our members, and empowering and supporting them with skills in advocacy, leadership and communications.”
— Adopted October 2009 (www.capta.org)
The purposes of the Cerritos Elementary School PTA, in common with the purposes of the California State PTA and National PTA, are:
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
— Cerritos Elementary School PTA Bylaws, Article II, Section 1
The Cerritos Elementary School PTA invites its members to stay informed, empower children, and to allow transparent avenues of communication between staff and parents to create a positive, caring, and safe school community.